Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Scary Day

I read the most wonderful blog by linnpooh, who shares her journey to good health through weight loss. Linda is an amazing woman who, although she occasionally hiccups on her journey (she's already lost over 100 pounds) manages to find and use the tools she needs to get back on track. I'd love to meet her sometime. She seems so vivacious!

Anyway, I'm stalling. This morning I read that Linda has opened a six-month window of commitment to staying on track with her program. Her well-made point is that the time is going to go by, whether she loses weight or not. I have no doubt that she will be watching the pounds fall off.

I'm stalling again. What I really came here to blog is that (gulp) I've decided to challenge myself to six months on program, too. My program is SparkPeople and I'm sure all the tools are there to see a good result in six months. I've been trying to lose weight all my adult life. It's time to get it over with.


Linnpooh and I share a love of things Disney. Sometime after July 11, I will go to Disneyland and have another picture taken with Mr. Mouse. Here's to Debi not taking up so much of the picture!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

You can do it! Good luck :-)