Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Long Weekend

I'll be gone for the weekend. I have an opportunity to take a 40-hour course given by the Cherokee Nation on Cherokee history and whatever. A friend took it several years ago and, when it was finished, told me, "If they come again you HAVE to do this!" So, I am. Friday night 6-9:30 pm, Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 9am-6pm. I'll be absolutely worthless as a teacher on Monday, but I'll have lots of good information stuffed in my head. In two weeks we repeat the schedule to finish out the course.

Professionally I'm excited because there are a couple of Cherokee issues that are part of my curriculum. Personally I'm excited because I have family connections to the Cherokee; maybe even Cherokee heritage. I'm hoping that this class will open my mind to some new directions to follow.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That sounds exciting. If I can provide any info, let me know. My Masters Degree is actually in American Indian Studies... Here we are, crossing paths again!