Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dang, Jace

Jace got me laughing again this morning, which would not be a problem except that DH is still asleep. His subject is roadkill.

Sounds like Missouri is like Utah, not big on clearing the roads of the stuff. Here in SoCA our roadkill is mostly ground squirrels, raccoons and - yes, Jace - opossum. In season, of course. The little stuff is greedily snatched by crows and, if it's fresh enough, hawks. The bigger stuff is scraped up by animal control pretty quickly.

In Utah the roadkill is much more exotic. To me, anyway. Lots of deer. I've seen as many porcupines along the road there as possum here.

Wonder which would win a race across a highway - possum or porcupine?

When I take my mom to see my aunt in Kansas I will, at some point, tuck them both into the car and head to Oklahoma City to see my uncle. It's almost like they drew the state line around the roadkill. "Aha! Here's where we start to see armadillos along the road! Spray paint the state line right here!"

I will not entertain you with a roadkill picture. I will let you pop over to Jace for that (no, really.) If you haven't visited Jace yet, you're in for a treat. Be sure to scroll down to his wife's quilted projects. This is a multi-talented (though delightfully warped) pair.

No comments: