Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 1 - November 17

The least interesting day.

Up before dawn.  DS2 drove me into Los Angeles at the crack of same to check in.  No lines anywhere.  Decompressed for over an hour at the gate.


I can't say enough good things about Korean Air.  Respectful, courteous check-in.  Fabulous service including a blanket, pillow, toothbrush/paste packet and bottle of water - at no additional charge - waiting in my seat on the plane.  Headsets (again, no additional charge) delivered immediately.  Flight was not full so they gave the opportunity for people to change seats.  My seatmate chose to find a place with a solo seat, which left me with plenty of space in my two-seat row.  Refreshments were served as soon as we were in the air, followed by full luncheon (I chose the Korean meal) and full dinner a few hours later.  12.5-hour flight gave me plenty of time to enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean IV, Larry Crowne, The Green Lantern and Billy Joel at Shea. Was treated with respect and courtesy again during immigration and customs.  Only had a little struggle with my three bags, but the distance from baggage pick-up through customs and to my first-borne was very short.

DS1 was at Narita to "pick me up," meaning to direct me through a simple maze of baggage delivery service, airport limo bus and taxi ride.


I was impressed and tickled throughout the trip by the respectful touches everywhere I went.  The airport bus had draperies and elegant antimacassars.  The attendant honored us with a deep bow as the bus pulled away.  The taxi also had an elegant WHITE eyelet coverlet on the back seat.

The prize was finally won.  I will respect my children's wish to have their and their son's privacy protected by not posting their pictures here.  Please know, however, that my grandson is perfect; absolutely the most beautiful little baby boy that there ever was.  I was gifted with satin skin cuddles and smiles on that first night.

That first smile was worth all the travel of that first day.

No comments: