Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Stunning.

If we are very lucky...


 ... we get to experience days like this.

This is my very favorite kind of day in SoCA.  It rained most of the night.  Not a downpour (at least, I don't think so) but a light rain, on and off, all night and into the morning.  I love the rain.  Most SoCA folks do, since we get so little of it.  Best of all, I love to wake up to it, and that was the music of my alarm this morning.  Because we marked the end of [the despised] DST, I had a whole hour to read the new Nora Roberts book before my day was scheduled to begin.  (She's back, by the way.  She writes the best men, and the Montgomery brothers are terrific.)

By the time I was ready to start my day, the rain was blowing out and I was able to bring in what I needed for today's projects from the car without getting soaked.  A short time later I took Dodger out for his morning toileting and was met by that gift of the weather that is such a treat.  Everything has been washed clean - including the air - and nature sparkles.  My neighbors have a gum tree that turns red in the fall.  That tree against the brilliant blue sky was the first stunner of the day.   By the time Dodger was finished with his routine and I had come into the house for my camera, clouds had blown into the picture, but it was still worth posting.

Yesterday I spent the day with my mom (who is doing great greater greatest) and my sister.  I got a lot done on the crazies, but did not finish.  I have to admit, I'm stunned at how well they are turning out.  Now they are finished except for the handwork: trimming threads and tacking down the bias trim.  I'm thrilled with them and look forward to gifting them in Japan.





Mine


My third "stun" of the morning was when the thought popped into my head that "a week from Thursday" I would be leaving.  I can't believe that when I started counting days I started with day 56.  Tomorrow the countdown begins at "10."  I'm watching the weather (very similar to ours lately) and trying to predict what kind of clothes I will need.  Buying something if I need it is not an option, so I need to take whatever I will need.

But it's coming together well.

I'm brain damaged with excitement.

Multiple dreams coming true in just over ten days.

Stunning.

No comments: