Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 2 - November 18

Cheating.

Yeah, I kinda am.  Heading west for 12.5 hours I crossed the International Dateline as well as covering the 17-hour time difference.  So, after leaving at 9:50 AM on the 17th I found myself arriving at 3:10 PM on Friday the 18th.

We had my largest bag shipped to DS1's apartment, then took the bus home.  We lucked out and hit a traffic jam (I can't believe I just said that) and had to detour through the city.  My son was excited that I would get to see some of downtown - especially at night - on this trip.  We even drove past the Imperial compound, although it was too dark to see much more than the canal.

It was such a loving thrill to see my son and daughter-in-law again and to meet my new grandson.

They didn't seem to mind at all that the baby was such a focus for me this trip.

As I recall, parents are pretty happy to step aside and let their children soak up the attention.  She says hopefully.

No comments: