Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Amazed.

This just in...

...from my friend about her daughter.
Nine days ago I got the phone call every parent dreads to get, that my baby was probably not going to make it through the night. She literally clung to life for the next 4 days and then roller-coastered up and down for a couple more. The past two days have seen vast improvement and this afternoon was like a miracle:  off oxygen, eating regular food, they had her up walking (with a walker and nurses plus a chair following right behind) and they removed her neck main line today and replaced it with an arm IV. She was not downgraded off the critical list yet, but it is only due to a few medicines they are still giving her and that they want her white count down more. But she is on her way....talking coherently like you wouldn't believe.
I got the message via facebook on my android while waiting for my Weight Watchers meeting.  It's OK; I don't mind sobbing in a parking lot if it's for such a happy reason.

No comments: