Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chef Oscar.

Congratulations!


Whenever my mom and I head to Disneyland, we leave very early - between 6:00 and 6:30 am - because we have a favorite routine.  Leaving by 6:30 am latest gets us to the park in time to park, get the tram in, go through security and gate and be at the Carnation Cafe in time to enjoy breakfast and make it back to the front gate in time for the Disneyland Band's first set.

No other restaurant will do, mostly because we've gotten to know our wait staff and the delightful Chef Oscar.

I just noted this article about the Chef.  He's being honored at an "internal party" for being Disneyland's longest-term employee.  55 years, almost the entire history of the park. 

Chef Oscar is one of those Disney castmembers who should serve as role model for the others.  He always greets us with a smile of welcome and a short conversation that makes us feel like we belong.  And I swear the food (I always order Chef Oscar's Scramble) tastes better when he is reigning in his tall white hat.

Sending my congratulations, Chef Oscar, and my fervent wish that you get your dream come true.  I'll check the next time I'm there for breakfast with you.

No comments: