Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 8 - Thursday, November 24, 2011

Quiet Day.

I think every muscle was sore from yesterday's adventures in trekking and stair climbing that when it was time to finally tuck onto my futon for the night I decided to take a couple of ibuprophen.  I take so few substances that one ibuprophen is all it takes to knock me out for a deep sleep and I slept very well.

Until 3:00 am.

I lie awake long enough to accept I wasn't going to go back to sleep again, then read for a while and was awake to enjoy the 5.9 earthquake that hit at 4:30 am.  It was just good enough to be fun, not bad enough to be frightening.  The others slept through it.

My DIL greeted me wearing a mask over her mouth and nose.  I got very used to seeing people in the airport and walking the streets in masks, a courtesy from those who are not feeling well to those around them.  DIL suffered a sore throat all day (I hate those more than any other cold symptom).

I kept to their apartment all day.  Took a shower while she and the baby slept, then had a nice play with the baby.  We chatted and played for over an hour and he was all smiles, never crabby.  Such a sweetheart.  He almost giggled today, and is doing very well with his practice sessions.

He's learning to stick out his tongue.

No comments: