Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, March 04, 2013

Danny Kaye

Awwww, yeah.

I loved this man my whole life.

And never saw a single movie in a theater.  But, happily for me, they were popular on the Saturday morning movie channel.

My favorite ever is Merry Andrew, and I was thrilled to FINALLY find it on dvd last year.  A Song is Born is another one I loved.  But the one whose music influenced me most - and whose themes stuck with me for over fifty years, was The Five Pennies.

And so, still reaching for the silver in this week, I found new postings on You Tube of my favorite numbers from the movie.

This is how I refill a bag of Life Force.


Haven't gone on a dvd hunt for this one for a while.  Better give it another shot.

No comments: