Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Friday, March 01, 2013

Yeah, I guess...

(Do not worry for me, dears.  All feelings are better than none.)


Today was a happy bubble.

And then I came home.

And so I graded papers and let a friend facebook me out of eating the cookies and and the candy and the chocolate satin pie.

And I let Marc Shaiman and Maurice Jarre music me into a dopamine fog.

And I looked forward to a friend's 70th birthday party and wished I would get myself together so that I can be ready for my Masteryear in just over four more years.

And I counted them, those facebook friends all over the world who love me, even though there is nobody loving on me now.

And I remembered Monday, and how it felt to love on myself for a day.  And how the sun shone and the music played and the flowers danced and my spirit filled.

And then I came home, and used that happy energy to work the bubble into place to get through the week.

pop

And now I will tuck myself into my little bed and Marc and Maurice will dope me off to sleep.  And maybe I'll dream of a place that is not so lonesome as tonight.



1 comment:

Sue said...

I too was hit by the spam fairy and had to start and entire new blog awhile back! I can relate to your words. Last fall I was so stressed out after work that all I could do was come home, blast Pink Floyd's The Wall, and sit back and 'veg' out. Times can be tough. Take care of yourself.