Welcome!

A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to. Visitors welcome here.

Hail Guest, we ask not what thou art.
If Friend, we greet thee, hand and heart.
If Stranger, such no longer be.
If Foe, our love will conquer thee.
-Old Welsh Door Verse

Monday, February 11, 2008

Make-it-Healthy Monday

Have you met my friend, Linda? Her story is not mine to tell, but I will say that if you were to read her blog you would never guess what she's gone through in the last year. Linda may slip into her batcave for some recovery time now and then (don't worry, Tinkerbat won't hurt you), but when she comes to blog she is so filled with strength and insight and a willingness to share both. She's been an inspiration to me for over a year now. She has a general blog that is often focused on her health issues. Because Linda has been such a health inspiration for me, as was Debbi at dubiquilts last week, that I decide to post from time to time about my progress toward regaining good health. It's way too easy to lurk here and never fess up to the destructive choices I make.

I also noticed how many of my daily, favorite blogs are those whose writers do not linger over life's challenges so much. This blog is my journal and I do tend to vent here. That's fine - it's what it's for - but dang! Even I get tired of it and am starting to wonder how much of our attitude is affected by our own absorption with people's troubles, especially our own.

So here's the deal. I know I will never blog any health stuff unless I commit to a specific day, and I will never stop my venting posts unless I limit myself. I've set up a list in the sidebar. On Monday the topic will be health and my progress (or challenges) in regaining mine. On Whiney Wednesdays I can come here to vent (feel free to head for the hills on Whiney Wednesdays.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Debi (and Donald),

FYI: are you familiar with HealthyMonday.org, a national movement for promoting better heath choices on Mondays? You might find some interesting goodies of use.

Best,

Jamie L